UFC: Tapout 2 takes "real fighting" to the next round with an all new; realistic look and feel mixing all of the full contact violence and intensity found in the Octagon. The follow-up to UFC: Tapout; OXM's Editors Choice Award for outstanding fighting game in 2002; UFC: Tapout 2 debuts it's first major engine overhaul since the franchise began in 2000. UFC Tapout 2 will be the most realistic fighting game to date (in both looks and gameplay) and still the only real fighting game for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft.
- The sequel to OXM's Editor Choice Award; UFC: Tapout; developed exclusively for the Xbox.
- A brand new; redesigned model and animation system will result in fighter models with more points of articulation and more fluid and life-like movements.
- Real-time mesh deformation - when players move and flex their muscles; you'll see their skin move and ripple.
- Over 35 real UFC fighters; the most Mixed Martial Arts brawlers in any UFC game to date; including UFC stalwarts Tito Ortiz; Chuck Liddell; and B.J. Penn. Several new fighters; such as current UFC Middleweight Champion Murilo Bustamante will also be making their debut in UFC: Tapout 2
- With improved AI; fighters will behave even closer to their real life counterparts; use more attack combos and grappling; use more counter and reverse moves; and be much more aggressive overall than in the previous version.
- The fan favorite; Tournament Mode; returns in Tapout 2; where up to eight human and/or computer controlled fighters battle in an open weight free for all.
- The Career Mode continues to expand; allowing players to create their own fighters from scratch; using a wide variety of body types; clothing; faces and hairstyles. Through training and sparring against computer-controlled opponents; players will develop an ever-increasing repertoire of moves and abilities.
- An improved interface; enhanced sound; a new music soundtrack with a customizable play list and the ability to play ripped music from the Xbox hard drive.