Fox; Falco; Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space dogfighting adventure. Using the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV together creates a unique interface that allows players to experience the game with two different viewpoints within the Arwing - aim and shoot enemies in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for a more cinematic flight experience. Then; pilot the Arwing with its new Walker transformation; along with the new Gyrowing and the Landmaster Tank; to traverse interplanetary terrain.
- Fan favorite characters return with new and well-known dialogue from Fox McCloud; Slippy; Peppy; Falco and more; which can sound like they're talking in your ear like a from a headset with clever sound technology.
- Players can intuitively pilot an Arwing by simply using both the right and left control sticks as a control stick to perform familiar flight maneuvers; such as the somersault; U-turn and a Barrel Roll.
- Replay the same exotic planets with other vehicles and extra missions can be selected on top of going through the story.
- Two different viewpoints; the traditional style of TV gameplay and the new unique cockpit view on the Wii U GamePad controller combines to create a unique interface to aim and shoot in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for more cinematic moments in a brand-new all range mode.
- Pilot the new and improved Arwing with its new Walker transformation and take control of a new Drone type plane; the Gyrowing. The Landmaster Tank returns; equipped with a new; limited flight form.
- Developed in partnership with Platinum Games