The sequel to the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead; Left 4 Dead 2 takes play in the deep South of the USA. Set in a modern day survival-horror universe; the co-operative gameplay of L4D casts four "Survivors" in an epic struggle against hordes of swarming zombies and terrifying "Boss Infected" mutants. Left 4 Dead 2 adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay; with items such as a chainsaw; frying pan; axe; baseball bat; and more.
Introducing the AI Director 2.0; L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects; world objects; and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population; effects; and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.
Featuring new Survivors; boss zombies; weapons; and items; Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns; more Versus campaigns; and maps for Survival mode available at launch.
- Co-operation of the Dead: The fan favourite co-op shooter returns with five brand new campaigns and a more detailed story.
- Survival equipment: Wield new melee weapons; including axes; baseball bats and a chainsaw -or make use of the new assault rifle or silenced machine gun.
- Mutant evolution: Face off against new mutant types; including the fast moving Charger; the new Wandering Witch and fire resistant zombies.
- Virtual Spielberg: Revamped AI director watches how you play and increases or decreases the challenge accordingly; even altering the layout of the levels as it sees fit.
- Team works: Four new characters to play as: TV reporter Rochelle; mechanic Ellis; conman Nick and an American football school coach known simply asÉ Coach.