Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness celebrates the 10-year anniversary of the Disgaea series by bringing back the popular trio from the first game: Laharl; Etna; and Flonne! With a completely new and original storyline; it offers game system refinements that will entice new fans; while still offering the same kind of hardcore; over-the-top; endless gameplay that has captured fans since the very first Disgaea!
The Netherworld -- a place where might makes right and today's friends are tomorrow's enemies. After a long journey with many ups and downs; Laharl finally finds himself as a full-fledged Overlord. However; the other denizens of the Netherworld do not see him as such; so he sets out on a journey with his loyal(!?) vassals to receive the respect he deserves. Along the way; Laharl will meet a girl who claims to be his sister; demons with bigger than usual chips on their shoulders; and find out that even his own body holds a few surprises for him...
- Enhanced Customization: The character creation system has been completely revamped to allow for the highest level of character customization in series history!
- Master/Pupil System: The player chooses the master and the pupil; as well as which skills to learn! Benefits include new skills and higher weapon proficiencies for the pupil; while the master gets a stat boost!
- Item World: Challenge this battleground to power up your weapons; items; and characters! Prepare to deal massive damage!
- Geo Panels: These status-altering blocks provide bonuses or detriments to the terrain! Change the tide of battle by skillfully manipulating these elemental icons!
- Reunite with old friends and meet a new crew: Bringing back the fan favorite trio of Laharl; Etna; and Flonne; with new characters and a brand-new story!