The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD; when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness; the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players; assuming the role of the main character Altair; will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history.
- Be an Assassin Master the skills; tactics; and weapons of history's deadliest and most secretive clan of warriors. Plan your attacks; strike without mercy; and fight your way to escape.
- Realistic and responsive environments Experience a living; breathing world in which all your actions have consequences. Crowds react to your moves and will either help or hinder you on your quests.
- Action with a new dimension Ð total freedom Eliminate your targets wherever; whenever; and however. Stalk your prey through richly detailed; historically accurate; open-ended environments. Scale buildings; mount horses; blend in with crowds. Do whatever it takes to achieve your objectives.
- Relive the epic times of the Crusades Assassin's Creed immerses you in the realistic and historical Holy Land of the 12th century; featuring life-like graphics; ambience; and the subtle; yet detailed nuances of a living world.
- Intense action rooted in reality Experience heavy action blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons; and face your enemies in realistic swordfight duels.
- Next-gen gameplay The proprietary engine developed from the ground up for the next-gen console allows organic game design featuring open gameplay; intuitive control scheme; realistic interaction with environment; and a fluid; yet sharp; combat mechanic.