In Alter Echo players assume the role of Nevin, sent on a mission he does not yet understand to a planet whose very surface is alive. Interstellar corporations mine the planet's organic skin -- a substance called Plast -- and use it to make bio-machines. Nevin is one of the rare "Shapers" who can psychically alter Plast -- and time itself. Nevin discovers that illegal experiments have infected Plast with human consciousness, and now he must fight for survival against a world gone mad, an entire planet that is using its bio-mechanical properties to spawn enemy after enemy to destroy him. An advanced real-time skeletal morphing system lets players to change between Melee, Gun and Stealth modes on the fly and during combat. The Outrage-developed TimeDilation system allows players to freeze the action and cue up an unstoppable flurry of moves and special attacks. The groundbreaking PostFX camera system intensifies every action with mind-blowing visual effects, camera filters, and screen distortions.
- Intense action set in a fantastical and unique universe
- Play a hero with the ability to instantly morph into one of 3 different modes:
- Become a martial arts master of hand-to-hand fighting techniques, wielding dual bladed weapons when you morph into Melee Mode
- Morph into Gun Mode to become a heavily armored man-tank that spews a range of living projectiles
- Use your chameleon-like abilities to blend in the shadows, to leap distances, and to climb impossible surfaces when you morph into Stealth Mode